Are you curious to visit another country and get to know its people, culture and traditions?
Do you love to work with children and want to spend time experiencing the work in an Ugandan NGO?
Are you open-minded and a team-player?
And can you handle challenges and don’t consider “quitting” as an option?
Then you are exactly the kind of person we are looking for!
A minimum age of 18. The communication and supervision at Purpose Uganda BabiesHome will be in English. In order to guarantee a successful internship for all sides, a solid knowledge of English is a requirement. Some experience in child care or related skills like nursing are an added advantage.
Duration of stay: 2-5 months
Location: Entebbe, Uganda
Working hours: Full-time from Monday to Friday
Accommodation: In a guesthouse on the neighbouring compound of Purpose Uganda BabiesHome
Costs: 170 € per month for
- lunch at Purpose Uganda BabiesHome
- health/travel insurance, recommended vaccination
- pocket money
- Taking care of the children: feeding, bathing, playing, helping with homework, doctor appointments, organizing small trips or activities.
- Teaching: There is the possibility to assist our teachers at Purpose Uganda Pre-School.
- Reporting: regular reporting (once a month) with information about your work and updates on the children’s developments. Reports should include pictures and will be used to update social media sites. You will have to write a final report (in English) for the home manager.
This internship is organized by Abaana Uganda e.V.. We are a small group working on a voluntary basis. Therefore we cannot offer an all-inclusive-support-package, as some larger organizations are able to do. We will provide you with all necessary information and help you to organise your stay. You will be able to speak directly to one of us via Skype and can contact us through email. Accommodation in Uganda will be provided and you will have an emergency contact. But please note that all other responsibilities remain with the future volunteer.